Principal / Director Effectiveness
PACTA TRAINING FOR JOC MEMBERS ON PRINCIPAL EFFECTIVENESS
The training materials for JOC members related to Principal/Director Effectiveness (power point with audio and resource documents) are now posted to the PACTA website. The Educator Effectiveness project as it relates to principals and directors of career and technical education becomes effective July 1, 2014. PACTA and the Pennsylvania Department of Education have collaborated to create two Power Point presentations for members of the Joint Operating Committee as the target audience. One presentation has been developed specifically for full-time career and technology centers, while the other presentation has been developed for part-time career and technology centers. In addition to the presentations, four documents are posted and recommended for use with the presentation: (1) Framework for Leadership Types of Evidence—CTC Directors; (2) Framework for Leadership Evaluation Rubric; (3) Guiding Questions: Strategic Discussions between Supervising Administrators and Principals; and (4) Frequently Asked Questions.
We hope you will take the opportunity to review these training materials and share them with the members of your JOC and your Chief School Administrator. Please look for several PACTA PILs in 2014-2015 related to Educator Effectiveness to help integrate this new model into your current evaluation system. If you have any questions, please contact one of the three people listed below.
Mary Rodman, 412-554-1753
John Pulver, 570-321-6939
Jackie Cullen, 717-761-3381
- Principal Effectiveness - Full Time CTCs
- Principal Effectiveness - Part Time CTCs
- Framework for Leadership - Evaluation Rubric
- Framework for Leadership - Types of Evidence
- Guiding Questions
- Director Effectiveness - FAQs
- Spring Workshop for CTE Assistant Directors, Principals, & Supervisors May 04, 2017 Nittany Lion Inn, State College
- 2017 Summer Leadership Conference July 26, 2017 Nittany Lion Inn, State College