Job OpportunitiesPosted on March 17, 2017
School: Parkway West Career and Technology Center
Type: Full-time Position
Start Date: 2017-2018 School Year
Thinking about a career change? Does making a difference in the lives of children interest you? Then consider the following teaching opportunity at Parkway West Career and Technology Center (PWCTC). PWCTC has an opening for the 2017 – 2018 school year for a Cosmetologist to teach high school aged students. We will assist the selected candidate in the process to obtain the proper clearances and permanent certification that is required to hold and maintain the position.
Required candidate qualifications include: Pennsylvania Cosmetology Teacher’s License. The candidate should be well versed in the Cosmetology filed with excellent troubleshooting skills. Additionally, the candidate should be familiar with all aspects of hair care, nail care and skin care.
The potential candidate needs a minimum of five (5) years recent experience in the Cosmetology field, able to meet time deadlines, have an intrinsic desire to work with high school students, excellent organizational skills and exemplary communication skills. Preferred associate degree. Candidate must be able to obtain Acts 34, 114, 151 and 168 clearances if chosen for the position.
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume, and at least three (3) professional references to:
Dr. Darby Copeland, Executive Director
Parkway West Career and Technology Center
7101 Steubenville Pike
Oakdale, PA 15071
Deadline March 31, 2017, or until position is filled. PWCTC is an EOE compliant educational organization.
- ACTE Region 1 Leadership Conference: Mapping the Routes to Career Pathways Success April 26, 2017 New York City
- Spring Workshop for CTE Assistant Directors, Principals, & Supervisors May 04, 2017 Nittany Lion Inn, State College
- 2017 Summer Leadership Conference July 26, 2017 Nittany Lion Inn, State College
- 2017 Summer Leadership Conference March 24, 2017
- Spring Workshop for CTE Assistant Directors, Principals, & Supervisors March 22, 2017
- Pathways to Career Readiness: An Education and Workforce Development Symposium January 15, 2017
- House Career and Technical Education Report Released December 01, 2016